Newsletter Article Guidelines
Want to share a best practice with the NGMA grants management community? Want to share an innovation or new perspective? Would you like to submit a book review on a book you think would be helpful to your fellow members?
NGMA will be launching the third edition of the NGMA newsletter in early March. We received some wonderful articles for our first and second editions and look forward to hearing your feedback. Now, we want more for the newsletter that will be published in March 2016!
EDITING PROCESS: The newsletter articles will still be sent out to NGMA peer reviewers for appraisal and feedback. As editor of the newsletter, Janet Schmidt will also do a review and send all the article edits to the author(s) so that the article can be revised and resubmitted to me for a final review before publication.
Please send articles for consideration to:
Janet Schmidt – email@example.com
- Must relate to some topic that has to do with grants management as a general guideline.
- Write articles with the thought in mind of being concise and informative.
- Don’t forget to spell out acronyms in case someone reads it that is not familiar with the acronyms used.
- A general guideline for length is not more than five or six pages. If a topic is more complex, we’ll take a look at the length by article.
- Graphics are welcome. Please be sure to label the graphics and provide additional information in the footnotes if needed.
- Include a short bio of the author(s) of the article
- Newsletter will be published on the NGMA website for our membership on a quarterly basis initially.
- For book reviews, please contact Janet Schmidt for guidance.
- New Grant Guidance: How it is being applied and/or the results of it
- Grant Cycle Best or Innovative Practices (Pre-Award, Award, Post-Award and Close-out)
- Professional ethics for Grants Managers
- Program Evaluation
- Program Management
- Public Administration and/or Finance
- Risk Management for Grants Management
- Statistical Analysis & Techniques for Data Collection
- Strategic Planning for Grants Administration
- Strategies for Preparing for an A-133 Audit
- Procurement & Acquisitions Management
- Internal Controls Assessment & Putting Proper Controls in Place
- Contract Management & Compliance
- Budgeting Best Practices
- Cash Management
- Debarment and Suspension
- Financial Management
- Public Funds Fraud and Abuse
- Performance Measurement and Reporting
- Performance Measurement and Data Collection
- Grant Writing Best Practices
- Best Practices and Leadership Strategies for Leading a Grants Department/Division
- Indirect Cost Rate